Daughters of the American Revolution Silver Bow Chapter “Golden Gift” Scholarship
Awarded to an American citizen, Montana resident who has sound character with participation in school, community service and church activities. Preference given to students with relationship to a DAR member or relative, with financial need and a junior or senior. In 1921, the Daughters of the American Revolution awarded a scholarship that enabled a young women to attend Montana Normal College, in Dillon, what is now, The University of Montana Western. The young women completed her education and in 1979 repaid the Silver Bow Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution with creating the funds for a scholarship program.
Returning students eligible.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you decided on a future career?
- If yes, please specify.
- Are you an American citizen?
- Financial Need Information
Are you a dependent of another person?
- If yes, how many other children are supported by your family? If zero, must indicate 0.
- If yes, how many other children are enrolled in a post-secondary school?
- Do you receive any financial help from your family?
- If yes, how much do they help you annually?
- What is your estimated household income for the upcoming academic year?
- Are you currently married?
- If yes, is your spouse attending post-secondary school?
- If yes, is your spouse currently employed?
- What is your spouse's current annual income?
- What is your current annual income?
- In regard to your activities (community, school & church), please include your responsibilities and positions or offices held in each activity. List up to 6 activities.
- Do you have any special challenges, such as disabilities, unemployed or illness, which are affecting your financial situation?
- Are you a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution?
- Are you related to a member of DAR?
- If yes, what is your relationship to the DAR member?
- Have you received a DAR award previously?
- If yes, please specify what award and when it was received.
- Please provide the name and email address of a community leader who can provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Please provide the name and email address of a UMW faculty member (High School Teacher if you are a senior in High School) who can provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Please attach a copy of your transcript.
- Show 19 more